Employment and Internship Opportunities
Fall 2018 Public Relations Intern:
Please send your resume to Rachel Horowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chatham Habitat for Humanity is currently seeking a Fall 2018 Public Relations Intern. Applicants should have a basic understanding of public relations strategies and tactics, including the creation of press releases, social media campaigns, blog posts, infographics, and more. They should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be sensitive to issues facing low-income families.
- Publicize Chatham Habitat’s daily activities, including the office, ReStores and construction
- Research and document affordable housing industry trends
- Draft news releases for special events and corporate/community partnerships
- Maintain and expand Chatham Habitat’s social media presence, and develop campaigns for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Update the Chatham Habitat website as needed
- Write blog posts each week
- Assist in writing monthly newsletter content
- Direct phone callers and office visitors to the appropriate location or staff member
- Discuss new ideas and opportunities with resource development staff
*Note: Tasks are subject to change. If there is a public relations or development area that the intern would like to gain experience with, we can amend the list as needed.
- 10-15 hours a week, unpaid, at our Pittsboro office (467 West St)
- Start date: Mid/late August-December 2018
- The Public Relations Intern will be supervised by the Volunteer Manager within the resource development department
- Course credit available
- Professional development opportunities
- Chances to attend Chatham Habitat meetings and events
- Utilize current strengths of a public relations or communications major (social media campaigns, infographic design, press release creation, blog writing)
- Community involvement (answering the phone, greeting guests, attending builds and the ReStores)
Construction Site Supervisor:
Please send your resume to Jeremy Coerper at email@example.com.
This is a full time position, 35-40 hours per week (Tuesday through Saturday). Work with a dedicated and mission-driven team to oversee the day to day construction activity on specific job sites. Work with other staff, volunteers, and partner families to build energy-efficient, affordable, quality houses.
3 years residential construction experience with good hands-on carpentry skills.
Experience working with volunteers.
Able to do physical work, lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and work on roofs and in crawlspaces, work on knees, and stand for 4 hours at a time.
Knowledgeable about Green Building and energy-efficient construction.
Teaching or training experience, advanced construction skills and credentials, and/or construction safety training preferred.
Detail oriented and committed to quality work.
Need to have good people skills, be well organized, and be able to work well with others as well as independently.
Need to follow direction well.
Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity preferred.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Residents within Chatham County service area preferred.
$13-$16/hour plus full benefits. Opportunity to learn and develop new skills. For more information, please contact Construction Project Manager, Jeremy Coerper, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a sales associate position in the ReStore, please fill out the application (click here to download) and mail to:
Chatham Habitat for Humanity
attn: Mike Breedlove
P.O. Box 883
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Even if we don’t have a current job opening that suits you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch! We are always looking for regular volunteers (a great way to fill the time while you’re looking for work), and are also open to developing structured internships for students or other people who are interested in learning more about non-profits. We have had interns in Construction and Resource Development (fundraising, communications) in the past, and are open to similar opportunities in Family Services or the ReStores.