Thank you to our first Raising Faith partners:
Ready to join? Just fill out the partnership form below.
Mailing Address: Chatham Habitat for Humanity, PO Box 883, Pittsboro NC 27312
Email Address (and any questions): email@example.com
Who can participate in Raising Faith?
Any faith group, whether it is Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, secular or spiritual! Our vision is a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live, a vision that transcends all religions.
Do families need to be of a certain faith to own a home with Chatham Habitat?
Habitat for Humanity follows a nondiscriminatory policy of family selection. Neither race nor religion is a factor in choosing Habitat’s homeowners.
My faith group is having trouble recruiting volunteers. Is it okay to only contribute financially?
Yes! We know that our faith partners are all different sizes and capacities. You are able to choose one or more of the following:
1. Financial gift – This could be putting Chatham Habitat in your organization’s budget or designating a donation from a fundraiser or offering.
2. Volunteer days – Choose one or more dates in 2020 to volunteer on a Habitat build site. You will also have the option to get to know a partner family and help them achieve their hour requirements.
3. Homeownership outreach – This is a great option if you have members interested in homeownership. We will come to a meeting or service to give a presentation and give you tools to spread the word.
4. Lent devotional calendar – Your congregation will share and use the attached Devotional Calendar during Lent. Variations of this calendar can be made for other holidays – just let us know!
5. Gifts in kind – This encompasses providing meals to volunteer groups, housing to out of town volunteers, making items to sell in the ReStores, or doing a ReStore donation drive.
What if I have other questions?
Please reach out to our faith committee through Rachel Horowitz (919-542-0794, firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you would like for Chatham Habitat to present to your missions committee, services, or other events, please fill out this brief form.
2021 Lent Devotional Calendar
This devotional calendar allows our faith partners to reflect on homeownership and those that do not have a home to call their own.
We invite anyone who would like to participate to do so in any capacity they can. You are welcome to download the calendar below or stop by our office for a printed copy.