In the Office
We’re always on the lookout for volunteers to help out in our office. Although we tend to need long term volunteers for these roles, the experience is really rewarding. In addition, we love to have students or job-hunters come and gain some on-the-job skills in administration, finance, or non-profit fundraising.
Here are some possible tasks for an office volunteer:
- Hand address and stuff envelopes
- Distribute information around the county
- Help with special events
- Shoot photographs
- Enter information into our database
- Help with filing and other clerical tasks as needed
- Assist with mailings
- Pick up our recycling once a week
- Help with office maintenance as needed
- Create scrapbooks
- Make photocopies
- Answering the phones and directing calls
Additionally, many of our office volunteers have backgrounds in marketing, fundraising, or community outreach. We are happy to work with you on projects that involve these skills and go beyond day-to-day tasks.